Pink Balloon Pink Balloon

The people giving you 5 star ratings aren't doing you any favors. There is tons of room to improve on this track.
Yes you have something here that is kinda cool. Yes its experimental and different. No, that does not mean its a masterpiece.

There are many things that keep this from being a masterpiece (what 5 stars means to newgrounds).

First - the repetition. Repetition is a great thing to use in music. Its something I employ often. However there are times where it really hurts your composition. In this case, repeating the same accidentals in each loop of the melody completely negates the cool effect hearing it the first time had.

Second - The instrumentation. Now, i'm not telling you to make electronic stuff. If that's not your thing, don't make it your thing. However, you need to find other ways to fill out the spectrum. Sticking to just the very highs and very lows leaves your track seeming empty. Consider adding some more instruments from the orchestra.

Third - The mix. Quite often your transients are getting pushed into a limiter (or something else) that is causing them to clip, causing harsh high frequencies and noise. There is no need to push this track that loud. Alongside this, make sure you are using eq effectively, it is your friend and will allow your instruments room to shine.

Final Thoughts:
While I am giving this track 2 stars, its evident you have something here. Instead of letting the repetition pull this track back, expand on these motifs. You might find it helpful to study various classical forms and structures in order to further your composition skills. Keep producing, and keep sharing!

GDTriAxis responds:

This has to be one of the best critiques I've got, thank you!
I know, yes, it's not perfect; Although I am happy to see people rate my stuff highly I'm much happier to get lower ratings with feedback.
I'll respond to each part of your review in order.

Oh boy, you wouldn't believe how often I second guess the repetition in my music. (Especially tracks 1, 3, 6 and 8 of the album.) I'm always asking myself, is this too much of the same thing, or is introducing more going to make it less memorable? Finding that balance is going to take time I can tell.
Ah, instrumentation. This has to be the hardest part about composing to me. After I finish the piano part to a song I have no idea how to orchestrate it, and to try and get the feel of the piece in my head out and into sound. I've said it before and I'll say it again, instrumentation isn't my strongest point.
Now mixing. I honestly don't know how these clips come about, I try to level the volume as best I can. I'll do some more research into it and see what I can find, thanks.

All in all though, thank you for your time! I appreciate it :)

Midnight Groove Midnight Groove

Best lockyn track in a while. Honor to be a part of Lilysse with you kind sir <3

Lockyn responds:

awwww misty! <3 <3 <3

TRUE - Hiryuu no Kishi (Kyau Remix) TRUE - Hiryuu no Kishi (Kyau Remix)

really, on such an obvious alt?