TRUE - Hiryuu no Kishi (Kyau Remix) TRUE - Hiryuu no Kishi (Kyau Remix)

really, on such an obvious alt?

~SW~ Annar ~SW~ Annar

I realized going through your profile that I won't make it through your entire discography anytime soon :/. Anyways, this is the first track from you in which I'm not a huge fan of your bass work. I really love the composition of this piece not entirely sold on the sounds. I think in general you need more in the sub frequencies. There's some cool stuff going on, but that really detracted from the track for me.

SkyeWint responds:

You know what, you're right. I had literally no bass in this track - the bass drum is the only thing there. Couldn't fit that in the two weeks that I had to make this. (or realistically, closer to about 3 days)

~SW~ Thoughtspark ~SW~ Thoughtspark

Ok here we go. Eventually i'll make it through everything you've made.
Once again I adore your bass. The amount of sub is just perfect.
Your long buildups are fantastic, but I think this one may go on a bit too long without building. The energy level of the track is pretty stagnant up until about 1:40, could benefit from some greater swells and such.
I absolutely adore the section that comes right after. The glitched drums mesh perfectly with the sparse instrumentation.
I love all of your transition effects, they're absolutely marvelous in their uniqueness. I think you've found a really great sound for yourself and I look forward to seeing how it develops!

SkyeWint responds:

No disagreement about the long opening! That's part of why I had the section right after - it was an idea that worked better, but also kinda needed the intro to sound as good.

I've been working on improving my overall mix for a lot of my music. My recent stuff definitely shows the fruitition of those efforts, haha!

The transitions are also a part I work really hard on (though that's been for much longer). Hopefully I'll be able to develop this kind of sound more in the future! :)